The unsaved person cannot hope to please God because his orientation is “according to the flesh.” But God offers his Holy Spirit who makes all the difference.
- He replaces the law of sin and death (2).
- He leads believers in the new walk (4,14).
- He redirects the minds of believers (5-7).
- He creates a spiritual resurrection and will empower the physical resurrection (10-11).
- But first, he empowers a putting to death of the deeds of the body (12-13).
- He bears witness with the believer’s spirit that an adoption has occurred . The believer is now a son of God (14-17).
LORD, thank you for the gift of your Holy Spirit. Show us how to share him with the lost.